- Apollo and Daphne - Outlines the doomed love affair of Apollo and Daphne and explains why Apollo adopted the laurel as his sacred tree.
- Arion - An account of the probably mythological adventures of an actual musician who lived at the court of Periander in Corinth.
- The Basilisk, or Cockatrice - Tells of the imperial king of the serpents who, according to legend, could strike foes dead with a look.
- Castor and Pollux - Outlines the myth of the twin brothers Castor and Pollux, sons of Leda and the swan.
- The Centaurs - An account of the mythological creatures known as centaurs, a combination of horse and man.
- Cephalus and Procris - An overview of the tragic myth of Cephalus and Procris.
- The Death of Baldur - Gives an account of Baldur's death at the hands of Loki.
- Echo and Narcissus - Outlines the myth of Echo and Narcissus.
- Endymion - Outlines the myth of Diana and the shepherd boy Endymion.
- The Golden Fleece - Outlines the legend of the golden fleece, detailing its origin as well as the famous quest of Jason and his Argonauts to gain possession of the fleece.
- Hercules - Examines the mythical life of Hercules; covers several of the twelve labors as well as his death at the hands of his jealous wife.
- Minerva - Outlines the myth of Minerva and her competition with Arachne.
- Nisus and Scylla - Outlines the story of a young maiden who betrays father and country for love.
- Oedipus - Provides an overview of the myth of Oedipus -- his arrival in thebes, his encounter with the Sphinx, and his eventual downfall.
- Orpheus and Eurydice - Outlines the myth of Orpheus, son of Apollo, who pursued his deceased bride to the underworld.
- Perseus and Medusa - A brief outline of the history of Perseus and his quest to defeat the snaky-haired monster Medusa.
- The Phoenix - Outlines the history and legend of the Phoenix, a mythical bird and symbol of immortality.
- Prometheus and Pandora - Outlines the ancient myth of Creation.
- Proserpine - Gives an account of the abduction of Proserpine by Pluto and the resulting quest by Ceres to save her daughter.
- Pygmalion - Outlines the story of the sculptor Pygmalion and his finest creation.
- Pyramus and Thisbe - Outlines the doomed love affair of two young lovers separated by a wall.
- Theseus - Examines the history and mythology of this semi-historical ruler of Athens.
- The Unicorn - Outlines the history and legend of this mythical beast.