1) There are many theories about the birth of our solar system. Which theory involves a passing star pulling dust and debris from the forming sun?
Choose Your Answer: A: Nebular Hypothesis, B: Tidal Theory, C: Collision Theory, D: Protoplanet Hypothesis
2) The planets make up what percentage of the mass in our solar system?
Choose Your Answer: A: 0.0135 %, B: 0.135 %, C: 1.35 %, D: 13.5 %
3) What are the only two planets in our solar system without moons?
Choose Your Answer: A: Mercury & Venus, B: Venus & Mars, C: Uranus & Neptune, D: Neptune & Pluto
4) What is the name of Pluto's moon?
Choose Your Answer: A: Charon, B: Phobus, C: Pandora, D: Nereid
5) The three main parts of a comet are the nucleus, the tail, and the _____?
Choose Your Answer: A: Zenith, B: Umbra, C: Radiant, D: Coma
6) What year boasted the first woman in space?
Choose Your Answer: A: 1963, B: 1968, C: 1973, D: 1983
7) What is the term for the condition when three celestial bodies are arranged in a straight line?
Choose Your Answer: A: Occultation, B: Parallax, C: Syzygy, D: Triple Transit
8) Which of the following was discovered in 2002?
Choose Your Answer: A: Nereid, B: Varuna, C: Titan, D: Quaoar
9) What manned U.S. space program eventually put 12 men on the Moon?
Choose Your Answer: A: Apollo, B: Gemini, C: Mercury, D: Voyager
10) From 1978 to 1999, which planet was farthest from the Sun?
Choose Your Answer: A: Pluto, B: Neptune, C: Uranus, D: Saturn