1) What is the smallest unit of a substance that retains the properties of that substance?
Choose Your Answer: A: Proton, B: Atom, C: Molecule, D: Cell
2) What type of charge does a neutron carry?
Choose Your Answer: A: Positive Charge, B: Negative Charge, C: No Charge
3) What are substances that control the rates of chemical reactions?
Choose Your Answer: A: Reactants, B: Catalysts, C: Isotopes, D: Cathodes
4) What are microscopic spheres of 60 atoms of pure carbon in a spherelike structure that resembles a geodosic dome?
Choose Your Answer: A: Hydrocarbons, B: Lipids, C: Crystals, D: Buckyballs
5) What is the common term for an electrochemical cell in which terminals are connected to electrodes immersed in a solution of electrolytes?
Choose Your Answer: A: Battery, B: Computer Chip, C: Bomb, D: Nuclear Reactor
6) What law states that the amount of heat needed to change one substance to another depends on the substances and not on the reactions involved?
Choose Your Answer: A: Avogadro's Law, B: Boyle's Law, C: Hess's Law, D: Newland's Law
7) What English chemist and physicist discovered hydrogen?
Choose Your Answer: A: Sir William Crookes, B: Henry Cavendish, C: Dorothy Hodgkin, D: Bernard Shaw
8) Matter that does not enter chemical reactions is described as what?
Choose Your Answer: A: Inhibited, B: Inert, C: Grounded, D: Radioactive
9) Which type of matter has a definite volume but no definite shape?
Choose Your Answer: A: Solids, B: Liquids, C: Gases, D: Plasma
10) The temperature at which a gas becomes a liquid is its _____________?
Choose Your Answer: A: Boiling Point, B: Condensation Point, C: Freezing Point, D: Melting Point