1) World War I was triggered by the assassination of what Archduke of Austria?
Choose Your Answer: A: Ferdinand Maximilian, B: Franz Ferdinand, C: Franz Wilhelm, D: Wilhelm Karl
2) What was the name of Germany's plan at the beginning of World War I to deliver a knock-out blow to the French and then turn all of its resources on the more slowly mobilizing Russian army?
Choose Your Answer: A: Blitzkrieg Plan, B: Von Moltke Plan, C: Schlieffen Plan, D: Hindenburg Plan
3) What country pulled out of World War I on March 3, 1918?
Choose Your Answer: A: Austria, B: Belgium, C: Poland, D: Russia
4) There was a temporary truce on what day in 1914?
Choose Your Answer: A: Christmas Day, B: Easter Sunday, C: Valentine's Day, D: June 6th
5) What German telegram, intercepted by the British, offered to give the American Southwest back to Mexico if they declared war on the United States?
Choose Your Answer: A: Zimmerman Telegram, B: Reinhardt Telegram, C: Bernstorff Telegram, D: Van Trapp Telegram
6) What was Woodrow Wilson's campaign slogan when he ran for re-election in 1916?
Choose Your Answer: A: Peace, Progress, Prosperity, B: Don't swap horses in the middle of the stream, C: He kept us out of war, D: Read my lips, no new taxes
7) What new weapon was introduced in the Battle of the Somme?
Choose Your Answer: A: U-boat, B: Tank, C: Poison Gas, D: Machine Gun
8) Which was the first of the Central Powers to sign an armistice?
Choose Your Answer: A: Germany, B: Italy, C: Bulgaria, D: Hungary
9) What country lost the most lives in World War I?
Choose Your Answer: A: France, B: Austria, C: Soviet Union, D: Germany
10) What was the total number of fatalities during World War I?
Choose Your Answer: A: 3 Million, B: 9 Million, C: 18 Million, D: 27 Million