1) Which of Mark Twain's books begins with the following preface?
"PERSONS attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot."
Choose Your Answer: A: The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, B: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, C: The Prince and the Pauper, D: A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
2) What was the first book Mark Twain published?
Choose Your Answer: A: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, B: The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, C: Innocents Abroad, D: The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County
3) What pen name did Samuel Clemens use other than "Mark Twain"?
Choose Your Answer: A: George Washington Pennyworth, B: Thomas Jefferson Snodgrass, C: Benjamin Beagle Franklin, D: Christopher Columbus Ohio
4) In The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, what secret did Tom keep from Huck and Jim during the execution of their elaborate plan to help Jim escape?
Choose Your Answer: A: Huck had inherited a large enough fortune to buy Jim's freedom, B: Jim's wife had died, C: Jim was already a free man, D: There was a bounty on Huck's head
5) Mark Twain received an honorary degree from what university?
Choose Your Answer: A: Wesleyan University, B: Harvard University, C: Yale University, D: Oxford University
6) Which of the following is NOT a book by Mark Twain?
Choose Your Answer: A: Tom Sawyer Abroad, B: Tom Sawyer: Detective, C: Tom Sawyer's Buried Treasure, D: The Tragedy of Pudd'nhead Wilson
7) What was the name of Mark Twain's wife?
Choose Your Answer: A: Mary Whitman, B: Olivia Langdon, C: Clara Price, D: Becky Thatcher
8) What was the name of the club that Twain founded for young girls?
Choose Your Answer: A: Angelfish Club, B: Daughters of the Mississippi, C: Huck Finn Appreciation Society, D: Mark Twain Society for Young Girls
9) In The Diaries of Adam and Eve, what animal does Adam mistake his son Cain for?
Choose Your Answer: A: Squirrel, B: Monkey, C: Fish, D: Snake
10) In The Tragedy of Pudd'nhead Wilson, what is Wilson's hobby?
Choose Your Answer: A: Photography, B: Taking Fingerprints, C: Making Pudding, D: Wine Tasting