Sub-Categories: Ancient History Trivia, Modern History Trivia
General History Trivia Questions:
1) What is the earliest surviving system of laws?
Choose Your Answer: A: Rosetta Stone, B: Code of Hammurabi, C: Hebrew Torah, D: Shabaka Stone
2) What type of gun did John Wilkes Booth use to assassinate U.S. President Abraham Lincoln?
Choose Your Answer: A: Derringer Pistol, B: Colt Peacemaker, C: Smith & Wesson Revolver, D: Winchester Rifle
3) What was the last battle of the Napoleonic Wars?
Choose Your Answer: A: Battle of Trafalgar, B: Battle of the Nile, C: Battle of Wavre, D: Battle of Waterloo
4) The world's first postage stamp was introduced in what year?
Choose Your Answer: A: 1690, B: 1760, C: 1840, D: 1910
5) Who was the first democratically elected President of Russia?
Choose Your Answer: A: Mikhail Gorbachev, B: Boris Yeltsin, C: Vladimir Putin, D: Nikita Khrushchev
6) Which of the following inventions was the first to be patented?
Choose Your Answer: A: Chewing Gum, B: Dishwasher, C: Cash Register, D: Rubber Band
7) When the first Burger King Restaurant opened in 1954, how much did a hamburger cost?
Choose Your Answer: A: 9 cents, B: 18 cents, C: 37 cents, D: 50 cents
8) What was the first city to reach a population of one million?
Choose Your Answer: A: Rome, B: London, C: New York, D: Beijing
9) How long did the Hundred Years' War last?
Choose Your Answer: A: 86 years, B: 99 years, C: 100 years, D: 116 years
10) Who was the first Prime Minister of the United Kingdom?
Choose Your Answer: A: Henry Pelham, B: Robert Walpole, C: George Grenville, D: Winston Churchill