Sub-Categories: Michelangelo Trivia, Pablo Picasso Trivia, Rembrandt Trivia
General Art Trivia Questions:
1) Who is credited as the designer of the many statues which decorated the Parthenon?
Choose Your Answer: A: Praxiteles, B: Phidias, C: Scopas, D: Hesiod
2) What artist was struck in the face with a mallet by an envious rival, disfiguring him for life?
Choose Your Answer: A: Michelangelo, B: Raphael, C: Titian, D: Rembrandt
3) What landmark work came about from a friend's request for a self-portrait of Rene Magritte?
Choose Your Answer: A: Black Magic, B: The Son of Man, C: Evil of the Country, D: The Red Model
4) Who was the court sculptor of Alexander the Great?
Choose Your Answer: A: Vitruvius, B: Praxiteles, C: Apelles, D: Lysippus
5) What painter was married to Mexican artist Diego Rivera?
Choose Your Answer: A: Leonora Carrington, B: Frida Kahlo, C: Clara Montalba, D: Tina Modotti
6) Who painted "Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte" (1884-86)?
Choose Your Answer: A: Henri Le Sidaner, B: Georges Seurat, C: Henri Martin, D: Vincent George
7) What art movement was Yoko Ono associated with during the 1960s?
Choose Your Answer: A: Dadaism, B: Futurism, C: Fluxus, D: Post-Impressionism
8) Who painted "The Scream"?
Choose Your Answer: A: Otto Meuller, B: Wassily Kandinsky, C: Vincent van Gogh, D: Edvard Munch
9) What school of art grew out of the poetry of Romanian-born Tristan Tzara?
Choose Your Answer: A: Expressionism, B: Luminism, C: Futurism, D: Dada
10) What late 19th-century French painter was known for his pictures of ballet dancers?
Choose Your Answer: A: Paul Cézanne, B: Gustave Caillebotte, C: Claude Monet, D: Edgar Degas