Sub-Categories: Astronomy Trivia, Biology Trivia, Chemistry Trivia
General Science Trivia Questions:
1) When was the idea of the atom first introduced?
Choose Your Answer: A: 450 B.C., B: 1050, C: 1791, D: 1942
2) In 2004, what was discovered on the island of Flores in Indonesia?
Choose Your Answer: A: A living dinosaur, B: Remains of a hobbit-sized human species, C: A tribe whose members commonly live over 150 years, D: A plant with a mammal-like brain
3) An earthquake that measures 8 on the Richter Scale would be how many times stronger than an earthquake that measures 4 on the same scale?
Choose Your Answer: A: 2 times stronger, B: 4 times stronger, C: 1000 times stronger, D: 10,000 times stronger
4) What is the gestation period of an Hippopotamus?
Choose Your Answer: A: 4 months, B: 8 months, C: 12 months, D: 16 months
5) What physicist discovered that a wave's frequency changes when the source and the observer are in motion relative to one another?
Choose Your Answer: A: Max Planck, B: Christian Doppler, C: Enrico Fermi, D: Albert Einstein
6) In what type of matter are atoms most tightly packed?
Choose Your Answer: A: Solids, B: Liquids, C: Gases, D: All are the same
7) Which of the following means "rain" when added to a cloud's name?
Choose Your Answer: A: Alto, B: Nimbus, C: Strato, D: Cirrus
8) What is the longest river in the world?
Choose Your Answer: A: Amazon, B: Nile, C: Congo, D: Chang Jiang
9) How many brains did a Stegosaurus have?
Choose Your Answer: A: One, B: Two, C: Three, D: None
10) What instrument is used to measure wind speed?
Choose Your Answer: A: Anemometer, B: Barometer, C: Altimeter, D: Fanometer