Sub-Categories: Assassinations Trivia, Kings and Queens Trivia, U.S. Presidents Trivia
General Political Trivia Questions:
1) What political activist organized the famous "March of the Mill Children" from Philadelphia to President Theodore Roosevelt's summer home in 1903?
Choose Your Answer: A: Elizabeth Gurley Flynn, B: Emma Goldman, C: Helen Keller, D: Mary Harris Jones
2) What new economic program did China's Mao Zedong announce in 1958?
Choose Your Answer: A: The Worker's Awakening, B: The Great Leap Forward, C: The Enlightened Transformation, D: Trickle-Down Economics
3) What political theorist wrote, "Freedom of the press, freedom of association, the inviolability of domicile, and all the rest of the rights of man are respected so long as no one tries to use them against the privileged class. On the day they are launched against the privileged they are overthrown"?
Choose Your Answer: A: Karl Marx, B: Peter Kropotkin, C: Malcolm X, D: Ralph Nader
4) Who ran for President of the United States with the campaign slogan "A chicken in every pot and a car in every garage"?
Choose Your Answer: A: William McKinley, B: Woodrow Wilson, C: Herbert Hoover, D: Calvin Coolidge
5) According to a 2001 poll, who was the most popular politician in Serbia?
Choose Your Answer: A: Zoran Djindjic, B: Vojislav Kostunica, C: Mladjan Dinkic, D: Goran Svilanovic
6) In 2003, as part of a Republican protest against France's opposition to the war on Iraq, what item was renamed in the U.S. House of Representatives' cafeteria?
Choose Your Answer: A: French Fries, B: French Toast, C: Both were renamed, D: Nothing was renamed
7) What U.S. President refused to use the telephone while in office?
Choose Your Answer: A: Herbert Hoover, B: Richard Nixon, C: Calvin Coolidge, D: Warren G. Harding
8) What country held its first democratic elections on January 30, 2005?
Choose Your Answer: A: Serbia, B: Iraq, C: Afghanistan, D: Iran
9) What German political leader was known as the "Iron Chancellor"?
Choose Your Answer: A: Hermann Müller, B: Adolf Hitler, C: Otto von Bismarck, D: Helmut Schmidt
10) What U.S. President won the Nobel Peace Prize for his role as a peacemaker in the Russo-Japanese War?
Choose Your Answer: A: Grover Cleveland, B: Franklin D. Roosevelt, C: Jimmy Carter, D: Theodore Roosevelt