1) What year was Michelangelo born?
Choose Your Answer: A: 1375, B: 1475, C: 1575, D: 1675
2) What was the name of the young rival who struck Michelangelo in the face with a mallet?
Choose Your Answer: A: Torregiano, B: da Vinci, C: Antonio, D: Ghirlandajo
3) Which Pope compelled Michelangelo to undertake the fresco decoration of the Sistene Chapel?
Choose Your Answer: A: Leo X, B: Paul III, C: Alexander VI, D: Julius II
4) At the age of 13, Michelangelo was apprenticed to what respected painter?
Choose Your Answer: A: Giotto, B: Ghirlandajo, C: Poliziano, D: Ficino
5) What sculpture did Michelangelo make for the tomb of Pope Julius II?
Choose Your Answer: A: David, B: Moses, C: Abraham, D: Madonna of the Stairs
6) In the Sistene Chapel, within the ring of prophets and sybils are nine panels on biblical history. Three are devoted to the Creation, three to the story of Adam and Eve, and three to what other biblical event?
Choose Your Answer: A: The Great Flood, B: The Crucifixion, C: The Resurrection, D: The Last Supper
7) Although Michelangelo never married, he had a "special relationship" with what woman?
Choose Your Answer: A: Eleonora Duse, B: Isabella Rossetti, C: Vittoria Colonna, D: Beatrice Portinari
8) What was on the ceiling of the Sistene Chapel before Michelangelo began painting?
Choose Your Answer: A: nothing, B: fresco of cloudy sky, C: fresco of starry sky, D: draperies
9) What is significant about the serpent from the story of the Fall of Man as Michelangelo depicted it in the Sistene Chapel?
Choose Your Answer: A: It has wings, B: It has legs, C: It has two heads, D: It is female
10) What year did Michelangelo die?
Choose Your Answer: A: 1464, B: 1484, C: 1564, D: 1584